60009 UoSA and NRM Support Coach

G-BOAF

I have noticed that for the last couple of months, 60009 Union of South Africa has been running with the NRM support coach 99953. Is there a reason for this?

I know its own support coach suffered an incident at York earlier in the year, but that was 10 months ago and it has been used since. Is the coach being used by 61994 at present (they share it)? I can understand York wanting some use of their coach as it has basically been high and dry since 4771 left the ML, although 70013 has also used it on occasions.

Anyway, if anyone is in the know, would be interesting to hear what is going on.

I have noticed that for the last couple of months, 60009 Union of South Africa has been running with the NRM support coach 99953. Is there a reason for this?

I know its own support coach suffered an incident at York earlier in the year, but that was 10 months ago and it has been used since. Is the coach being used by 61994 at present (they share it)? I can understand York wanting some use of their coach as it has basically been high and dry since 4771 left the ML, although 70013 has also used it on occasions.

Anyway, if anyone is in the know, would be interesting to hear what is going on.

I would assume it is due to 61994 needing it as it is one coach for the 2 of them. They had Braunton's support coach on loan earlier in the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, according to a support crew member at the 'Cross this evening, 60009's support coach is undergoing maintainace but will be back in Jan 61994 is on the ELR and does not need a support coach atm.

That clears that up. But good to see 99953 out and about. Managed to get a picture of the Kitchen, so one might be cobbled together for my Bachmann model!

Archived