Sprog V3 with Windows 8.1

• RMweb Gold

The very nice people at Sprog tell purchasers how to make the unsigned drivers for Sprog 3 work with Windows 8.

However the people at Microsoft have changed the menu structure in Windows 8.1

So if you do have a Sprog V3 and want it to work with 8.1 these are the steps I went through!

Follow the Win 8 instructions until you get to change PC settings. This is where it starts to get different.

After selecting "change PC settings" you then have to select "Update and Recovery" and then "Recovery" you can then select "Advanced Startup"

After reboot the instructions are unchanged from the Windows 8 instructions supplied by Sprog.

Hope this helps

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Can you email this information to Andrew Crosland (Mr Sprog) at his website.   Then, no doubt, he'll add it to the instructions. 

-  Nigel

I did that before I posted it to RMweb! 

I did that before I posted it to RMweb! 

Thanks. I did have some feedback from another user, but haven't gotten round to adding anything to the instructions.

Is there anything to recommend the update to 8.1 for a non touch screen user?

Ethernet gets more attractive all the time.

Andrew

• RMweb Gold

I am very happy with Windows 7 but I did upgrade one of my PCs just out of "interest" and let it upgrade to 8.1. I don't have a touchscreen and have just got used to putting my mouse in the corners! I've just "got used " to using the interface The new Sprog did however initiate my discovering some of the more esoteric menu options. I suppose anyone buying a new PC will have 8.1 installed.

I'm going to put my old Sprog out in the garage with the layout PC which is actually still on XP. The new one is for programming indoors.

Tony (a very happy user of Sprog)

• 1 month later...

Hi all of you,

I used it now with my new MS Windows 8.1 notebook (ASUS S300CA). I have just a mouse conflict. I can't use my mouse or my touchpad (like before with my old computer on MS Windows 7). 

Has anyone a solution for this conflict?

• RMweb Gold

Hi all of you,

I used it now with my new MS Windows 8.1 notebook (ASUS S300CA). I have just a mouse conflict. I can't use my mouse or my touchpad (like before with my old computer on MS Windows 7). 

Sorry I don't have a solution but my (USB connected) mouse does work with my Sprog 3 equipped Windows 8.1 PC. Does Device Manager indicate any problems with the mouse or touchpad? Other than that, I can't think of anything. Hopefully someone will!

Best wishes

Tony

Hi all of you,

That sounds like the SPROG drivers have not been installed correctly. The SPROG has it's own unique USB ID and should not cause any conflict with nay oither devices that conform to the USB standard.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Archived