Bachmann Small Prairie problem

Unicorn1

Hello

After finding a Hornby decoder a very tight fit in the Bachamann 45xx, I purchsed as DCC Concepts 'small' 8 pin decoder - which is a very neat fit indeed. The decoder was programmed and the loco run on my programming track - all OK so far.

When on the 'main line', however, it seems to frequently stall - often where the droppers are connected to the track - (no other locos are doing this). Back on the programme track it runs fine again. The loco does not 'short ot' at any point.

Any ideas greatfully received.

Les

I would start investigating from the pick up wiper contact on the loco if it simply occasionally stops when running. (The symptom observed is usually due to the decoder cutting out when track supply is momentarily lost, and then resarting from speed step 1 after a fixed time interval; from whenever power is restored.) Is it possible that one or both rails deviate from a contant level where the droppers are attached?. That could be quite enough to find out a chassis not picking up on every wheel at all times.

I would start investigating from the pick up wiper contact on the loco if it simply occasionally stops when running. (The symptom observed is usually due to the decoder cutting out when track supply is momentarily lost, and then resarting from speed step 1 after a fixed time interval; from whenever power is restored.) Is it possible that one or both rails deviate from a contant level where the droppers are attached?. That could be quite enough to find out a chassis not picking up on every wheel at all times.

Check the spring in the front bogie, I has a similar problem where on the main track the loco was effectively being lifted of it's pickup wheels. Try running without front bogie

Thanks both. Sprung wheels now adjusted. Sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees!

Les

Archived