Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Scale and Scale/Gauge Comparrisons

Hobby

I thought I'd post this photo I took earlier and posted on NGRM, it compares several locos in various scales and gauges, I though people migh be interested to see the differences:

L-R: Oe 1:45 (Marklin Minex V22), HO SG 1:87 (Liliput BR78), HOm (Zeuke V1K), HOe (Czech T47), TT SG (BTTB class 130), TTe (Czech T47), N SG (Bachmann GP40) and Z 1:220 SG (Marklin V200)...

Scalecomparrson002_zps7d6c286d.jpg

Not sure what you are unsure of, PLD, as you've not said!!

But the photo was simply so that people could see the differences/similarities between the various scales and gauges and allow people to make a better judgement if they are considering other scales or gauges... When looking at photos online or in a magazine it's very difficult to tell just how large or small a model is as you don't have a comparison point, this gives you that... For instance, HOe compared with TTe:

TTeT47001_zpsb6865611.jpg

Or TT SG, TTe and N SG compared:

Scalecomparrson001_zps728c4d67.jpg

I agree, but it was also there to show how narrow gauge would compare against standard gauge... I suppose I could have used various different scale versions of the Harz Red Camel/ BR110! I've altered the thread title to better reflect the content so far...

I anyone has any other photos they want to post, especially in British scales (all mine's foreign!) feel free to contribute! For a newcomer it's quite useful to see how much difference scale can make to the "volume" of a model...

Archived