What am i doing wrong

duff man

Hello.

I am new to the DCC sceine and i am having trouble geting the lighting right. I have a roco railjet with matching train and driving trailer. My problem is when i use the direction lights all the coach lights go out, when i then turn of the direction lights the coach lights come on again. All other features work ok. The loco is sound fitted and works fine, this problem also still persists when the loco is removed. I am running on a prodigy express system. The driving trailer is also fitted with a decoder.

Any thoughts or a pointer in the right direction please.

Craig.

I assume that there is sufficient power for all of the devices to be operating together? = have you checked them inidividually, having turned the 'al on together' and seen the lights drop out ... ie lift off a coach at a time to see if normality is restored

(This could be a lack of basic power OR perhaps a poor joint in the power feed/track which is ten dropping the voltage once current is taken.

Thank you for your reply's, I don't think this is a power problem because i have sat the driving trailer on the track with no coaches and loco missing also if I run with direction lights off the all 7 coaches show a bright light. I will now try and work out how to reasigh the lights, this will be a challenge, I will keep you posted and once again many thanks for your thoughts.

Craig.

Archived