"Homefront" street running location?

DanielB

I recently watched the new Jason Statham action film "Homefront", which I am told was set entirely in Louisiana, and after the opening scene has finished it switches to a montage of Louisana, including one scene of street running, with the tracks running right past the school Statham's character takes his daughter to.

I'm trying to find out where that location is, as the places I've looked online don't seem to mention Louisiana on the list of states which have locations where street running takes place.

I'm hoping someone on here might know of it, as it looks to be quite an interesting location.

Any help will be most appreciated. :)

Bear in mind that although a film may be "set" in a particular place, they are rarely filmed there - for example, a recent film set in Afgahnistan, was filmed entirely in USA

Aye, as a film buff I'm aware of that. :)

The director specifically filmed entirely in Louisiana as he is fond of it.

There are lots of places it could be in the New Orleans, Baton Rouge or Lake Charles areas. I haven't seen the movie, but when you say "street running" do you mean there was a train going down the street or there were tracks running down the street. New Orleans has street cars ("Street car named Desire").

Archived