Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me the thickness of Ratio sheets, specifically No. 312 Corrugate Sheet? I have looked around and whilst all websites give the 90mm x 75mm dimesions, none seem to provide the thickness of the sheets.

I also seem to recall the plastic being more difficult to cut than normal plasticard sheet, I can't remember if this was because it was a hard plastic or whether it was thicker than most plasticard sheets?

Cheers,

Jack

1.75mm (give or take)

about the hardest plastic you'll find and a long way from prototypical thickness.

easily damaged during repeated scoring with a sharp blade, and never quite the useful size it needs to be at 90 x 75.

useful as a template for something like aluminium foil - which is considerably easier to bend, buckle and distort the way real corrugated iron does.

Thanks!

So there's no chance of bending it by the sounds of it!

I have noticed that Evergreen sheets are cheaper per mm^2 so I think I probably go with those. I was only really considering the Ratio ones as they seem to be a little more detailed than the plain corrugated sheets of Evergreen. I may get a pack of the Ratio stuff and experiment with using it as a former for foil as it sounds like an interesting and cheap method of making corrugated sheet.

Thanks,

Jack

Hi Jack,

The ratio stuff is as hard as nails. So there is no way of marking an arc with it. It is very detailed and makes a good template. I placed a piece of tin foil on the sheet and then with a ball of plasticine rolled across the top of it. Making a good indent in the foil. This was then mounted on 30thou plasticard sheet for protection.

Hope this helps.

Vin

Archived