'Earl of Elgin' pub on 'Earl's Court'

Some pictures attached of the 'Earl of Elgin'

Built as follows:

Font: Stone surround was made using spare parts from a couple of old 'HO' buildings. The brick is from a commercial product cut to size. I then made a silicon mould/resin cast of the whole front.

The windows are laser cut.

The roof was from resin castings. I have made a master from self-adhesive 'tiles' which formed the basis of a silicon mould. They are scaled correctly for british prototype 20" x 10" blue slates. The roof end of the attached row of shops also uses these casts. You can see that, to correct building practice, the ends of rows do not finish with a thin slither of tile but with a 'tile-and-a-half.'

The signs are computer produecd.

Gutter down-pipes are white metal.

The interior is detailed.....photos to follow!

Net curtains are an 'HO'product imported from the US. Railngs are from 'Tichy' in the US.

Terry

ecmr.webs.com

post-18114-0-66401000-1389475418.jpg

post-18114-0-10304000-1389475420.jpg

post-18114-0-38420200-1389475421.jpg

post-18114-0-63884700-1389475422.jpg

post-18114-0-10957800-1389475425_thumb.jpg

post-18114-0-09561100-1389475428_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

God work, Terry!  I was impressed with your layout in the latest 'Model Rail' having not spotted it on here previously.

Many thanks.

I haven't seen the article yet so not sure if the website has been published.

ecmr.webs.com

Lots of info and pictures there.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

I don't think they did, but I've just had a look and some very good work on display there Terry!  I wondered which building kit you used to make the Underground station?

I don't think they did, but I've just had a look and some very good work on display there Terry!  I wondered which building kit you used to make the Underground station?

Website is     ecmr.webs.com

The LT station was made using parts from DPM in the U.S. (So is the parcels depot). They come in various sections, including windows.

The glazing was made by printing an L.T. logo in reverse on a self adhesive clear computer label, which was then stuck onto the rear of the clear perspex.

Looking in through the entrance I scaled down a photo of a real LT booking hall in an effort to give a 3D effect. The 'Underground' signs are reductions of real sign photo's.

Terry

post-18114-0-32011700-1396989786.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Terry.  It looks like quite an impressive building, which could have various uses.  I like your use of photos to give an impression of the interior of buildings.  I've used several American and continental building kits on 'Finsbury Square'; they can look good when suitably 'Anglicised'!

Archived