3mm layout

lesahodge

I have recently purchased an ex-exhibition set of baseboards for re-use. The boards currently have 3mm scale track on them, including an electrically powered turntable, and a lot of hand built track including points, double slip, etc.. Does anybody have an interest in this before I begin to strip the Boards? Les

Hi Les.

I assume that you're not a 3mm modeller then? Any chance we can tempt you?!

Do you know what gauge the track is though please? 12mm, 13.5mm or 14.2mm?

Duncan

Hello Duncan. No, I am afraid I am all 4mm modern image. The track gauge is 12mm and it used to be a very large club layout, so there is a lot of it. There are a lot of points including double slip, electrically powered turntable,lots of skeletal track for fiddle yards, etc. All beautifully made. I will be removing it if no-one expresses interest, to re-use the baseboards, so I thought I would give everyone the chance in case! The option to buy complete is also there, because it seems a shame to waste the huge amount of time it must have taken to build it.

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Les. I am a 3mm modeller and using 12mm gauge. I am in the process of constructing an exhibition layout of Uppingham in Rutland and plan eventually to build Seaton (Rutland) to add to it. It seems a shame to throw the track away and I could store it with a view to using it eventually when I build Seaton. What sort of price were you looking for it and whereabouts in the country are you?

Regards

Martin

Archived