To stimulate discussion, post photos and exchange ideas, and (being an open public forum) help encourage others to try S scale modelling.

Part built layout for disposal

Turin 60

A while ago I bought a part built layout from our former parts officer John Holden, mainly because the track layout was almost the same as I had been doodling myself!

Over the last year I just havn't had the time to complete or even progress the layout so I feel it's probably best if I offer it on to some one else for completion.

The layout is in the form of a box, the footprint being some 18 1/2" x 55 1/2", with a height of 12 1/2".

The basic track is laid although the point blades & check rails require fitting, rail is supplied to achieve this.

I did part with some crinkly pieces of paper bearing a picture of HM the queen in exchange for the layout so a small donation would be welcome, but at the end of the day the layout needs a new caring home and this donation might end up being very small to non existant. So make me an offer.

A photograph of the layout will be posted as soon as I find the adaptor to download said images from my camera!

For now a description of the track plan will have to suffice, so let your imagination run riot! Looking at the front of the layout nearest to you there is a loop with two sidings going towards the right. At the rear of the layout there is a siding heading to the left with a kick back siding from it heading back to the right.

Please contact me with offers (any!), oh and it will need to be collected or maybe bought up to the meeting in February if I can attend.

John Bruce.

• 3 weeks later...

A while ago I bought a part built layout from our former parts officer John Holden, mainly because the track layout was almost the same as I had been doodling myself!

Over the last year I just havn't had the time to complete or even progress the layout so I feel it's probably best if I offer it on to some one else for completion.

The layout is in the form of a box, the footprint being some 18 1/2" x 55 1/2", with a height of 12 1/2".

The basic track is laid although the point blades & check rails require fitting, rail is supplied to achieve this.

I did part with some crinkly pieces of paper bearing a picture of HM the queen in exchange for the layout so a small donation would be welcome, but at the end of the day the layout needs a new caring home and this donation might end up being very small to non existant. So make me an offer.

A photograph of the layout will be posted as soon as I find the adaptor to download said images from my camera!

For now a description of the track plan will have to suffice, so let your imagination run riot! Looking at the front of the layout nearest to you there is a loop with two sidings going towards the right. At the rear of the layout there is a siding heading to the left with a kick back siding from it heading back to the right.

Please contact me with offers (any!), oh and it will need to be collected or maybe bought up to the meeting in February if I can attend.

John Bruce.

The layout has now gone to a new home. Thanks John.

Archived