Class a 20, a fantastic weathering job?

18B

Mason was rigtht they are on ebay for sale,

didn;t want to post a link to them, as didn;t want to be seen to be promoting them or ebay

They aren't mine BTW, just thought it looked a good model.

i thought so?? :D??im seriously hoping that the seller is a member now, i fancy the 33 thats there too, hope im ok for saying that andy, sorry if im not?? :mellow:

that 33 has some serious work stained grot! looks more like it ought to be in a siding at Barrow Hill however rather than out on the mainline?

? yeah think your right andy, and after reading those comments especially the verbal abuse then lets not go there?  :D

i think yes they are a little over the top, but i personally like the grotty look, not sure im ready to part with my money just yet though?  :D

The ebay member does different classes on a weekly basis all looking like they have been sat in a scrap yard awaiting cutting for years!

This can easilly be achieved by toning down the body with white paint airbrushed on and adding rust too aswell as grime, i've done a few like this but people usually want loco's that can pull a train this finish on a loco shows its bin out of use for a while.

Cheers.

The ebay member does different classes on a weekly basis all looking like they have been sat in a scrap yard awaiting cutting for years!

This can easilly be achieved by toning down the body with white paint airbrushed on and adding rust too aswell as grime, i've done a few like this but people usually want loco's that can pull a train this finish on a loco shows its bin out of use for a while.

Cheers.

Indeed,

a loco in such a condition looks good, but wouldn't loo right at the head of a train

Exactly bud but his models always get a bid so people must like having them dumped on there depot! Me personally, i like everything looking in working condition on my shed and wouldn't want to take up[ space with a scrapped rusty loco.

Cheers, Jon.

Is it not strange that the same modeller can produce works at extreme ends of the scale? Looking at the A3 he's selling, it's of hugely superior quality to the K3 he put on his website.

Perhaps those pictures were early ones, like the start of his weathering skills?

I feel rather ashamed of my own comments in the other thread, looking at that A3 and Western it's clear that his weathering skills are much better than first thought!

Archived