Dapol N Gauge Pannier 57xx DCC Chip

gdandridge

Hi All,

I recently purchased a nice new Dapol Pannier Tank for my N Gauge layout. I think it is a lovey model and I'm very pleased with it. However I did get caught out with the conversion to DCC.

At purchase time I ordered my regular Bachmann 6 Pin DCC chip and pretty much expected to plug this into the DCC socket without problems. Once it all arrived I soon realised I had a problem. Having spent a nerve racking 20 minuets getting the cab off I discovered that the space inside was much smaller than I had thought. The chip I had purchased from Bachmann was too big. Not to worry, I thought, since I had a spare TCS 6 pin chip so I tried that. Same problem, too big. :scratchhead:

So it was off to the internet to search for a smaller chip.

After a fair bit of digging about I finally came across a chip from Digitrax, a DZ125IN. This looked to be about half the length of the Bachmann and TCS chips so I ordered it.

It came today and fitted a treat! :imsohappy: See in the picture.

post-18161-0-99826700-1390081130_thumb.jpg

I reffited the cab, programmed up the CV's and she works a treat. Hopefully anyone else who buys one of these for use on DCC will find this helpful.

Here she is on my layout.

post-18161-0-03426300-1390081297_thumb.jpg

Gavin.

Hi All,

I recently purchased a nice new Dapol Pannier Tank for my N Gauge layout. I think it is a lovey model and I'm very pleased with it. However I did get caught out with the conversion to DCC.

At purchase time I ordered my regular Bachmann 6 Pin DCC chip and pretty much expected to plug this into the DCC socket without problems. Once it all arrived I soon realised I had a problem. Having spent a nerve racking 20 minuets getting the cab off I discovered that the space inside was much smaller than I had thought. The chip I had purchased from Bachmann was too big. Not to worry, I thought, since I had a spare TCS 6 pin chip so I tried that. Same problem, too big. :scratchhead:

So it was off to the internet to search for a smaller chip.

After a fair bit of digging about I finally came across a chip from Digitrax, a DZ125IN. This looked to be about half the length of the Bachmann and TCS chips so I ordered it.

It came today and fitted a treat! :imsohappy: See in the picture.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140118_164201.jpg

I reffited the cab, programmed up the CV's and she works a treat. Hopefully anyone else who buys one of these for use on DCC will find this helpful.

Here she is on my layout.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140111_212320.jpg

Gavin.

Thanks ; this loco is on my "to buy" list!

Archived