Mainline Coupling Rods. (Help in getting them off)

This may be a "silly" question but I need to remove and replace the coupling rods on my "Mainline" Manor.

The "Book of Words" says "removing thr slotted screw crank pin and allowing the coupling rod to swing clear"

I regret I can not see any slot !!

Can any member advise how without damaging it. I have tried searching but nothing returns.

70022Tornado :(

Based on other Mainline and Kader product of both split chassis and plastic chassis construction, I would suggest the following. If the crankpin head is hexagonal, try unscrewing it. If the crankpin head is circular, it is most likely an interference fit; grip with pliers and twist to loosen and remove. Whichever it is, do all you can to minimise any force applied to the wheelset; particularly if this is a split chassis construction, to avoid damage to the half axles and insulating plastic centre section (the correct name for which now appears as ####).

Based on other Mainline and Kader product of both split chassis and plastic chassis construction, I would suggest the following. If the crankpin head is hexagonal, try unscrewing it. If the crankpin head is circular, it is most likely an interference fit; grip with pliers and twist to loosen and remove. Whichever it is, do all you can to minimise any force applied to the wheelset; particularly if this is a split chassis construction, to avoid damage to the half axles and insulating plastic centre section (the correct name for which now appears as ####).

Oh Bover - I was afeared that it would come down to brute force. Twill be done when neccessary though I hope Bull Frog snot will ensure that there are other means available to refit traction tyres.

Thanks for the advise 34X I will post, "On the butchers slab", when we have a means, and a result.

Regards

70022Tornado (The real Tornado)

Archived