Metropolitan Railway "F" Class from a Bachmann "Jinty"

MetStui

Hi all

This is the third (and for the foreseeable future, last) loco conversion in this "series" of making Metropolitan Railway locomotives for my Met/GWR layout "Butlers Gate Crossing". The others are my "G" Class 0-6-4T and "K" 2-6-4T, the links for those topics are below if youre interested

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/74675-metropolitan-railway-g-class-0-6-4t-in-oo-gauge/&do=findComment&comment=1118426

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/74714-met-railway-k-class-2-6-4t-from-a-Bachmann-n-class/

This project is of one of the four "F" Class 0-6-2Ts built by the Yorkshire Engine Co in 1901 for freight work on the Met Mainline. I have converted it from a Bachmann "Jinty" which proved to be quite a challenge, with pretty much everything about the engine rebuilt.

The summary of the surgery is as follows 

- Rear Frame extension and pony truck added to the chassis 

- running plate extended

- new bunker, tank sides and cab constructed

- belpaire firebox top replaced by a round top

- front splashers/sandboxes built

- Smokebox shortened

Plus many smaller modifications!

This picture is how she looks at the moment, after painting but I still have lining to do plus extra detailing work, I will follow with various pictures in the construction process

post-19933-0-75628400-1390685001_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 6 months later...

My apologies to all those following this topic, due to many different circumstances I was not able to put up a photo of the completed loco until now even though I finished it in February. this is it fully lined and detailed, although a couple of small modifications have happened since this photo was taken. When I get round to doing a layout topic of "Butler's Gate Crossing" there will hopefully be more pics of this and the other met locos.

post-19933-0-53383600-1407535345_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 years later...