Severn mill, Top quality 7mm name plates

steve fay

I've just placed an order with Chris at seven mill and he's told me he's updating the warship, class 40 and western plates to include missing examples and he's also doing a batch of plates for the upcoming Heljan class 60.

I'm not affiliated with seven Mill just a happy customer.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my castle, 5043. This shows how the plates were originally made for the Earl class and the radius of the curve of the splasher is different. This is the same for all of the castles with Earl plates.

Plates lined out by Conrad Cooper as with the rest of the engine.

post-5983-0-47984500-1408881826_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

The majority of that batch seem to have a very fine recess around the outside edge of the plates. It's highlighted in the pic because the plate colour has settled on it. I know that's correct for some of the GW plates but not for modern ones. Any idea why they've been etched like that?

Cheers

Tom

No but then the plates look like they would need a little cleaning up around the edges. Having said that I'm not involved with severn mill, I just like there plates

Look at the mini pride of Oxford plates above, for a better view. There's also a picture of them

Painted on Brian Daniels thread and fixed to the class 60.

What I like about the plates is the quality of the etching, in my opinion nothing else comes close. Except maybe Diane Carney

No but then the plates look like they would need a little cleaning up around the edges. Having said that I'm not involved with severn mill, I just like there plates

Look at the mini pride of Oxford plates above, for a better view. There's also a picture of them

Painted on Brian Daniels thread and fixed to the class 60.

What I like about the plates is the quality of the etching, in my opinion nothing else comes close. Except maybe Diane Carney

Thanks Steve,

Bit of a pain if you've got to file stainless steel but hey. Have they mentioned a price for the 60 plates?

Cheers

Tom

Archived