Problem with Security Settings on Adobe Reader 11

Simon G

Since I recently bought a new (to me) PC with Windows 7 and Adobe Reader 11, I am experiencing problems with security settings on some PDF files.  One particular one is a reference CD I bought some years ago which lists Hornby, Bachmann, Lima model dates, numbers, catalogue numbers, colours etc and all their service sheets.  Every time I open a new page, Adobe Reader asks my to Allow or Block the page.  If I click on Allow, it goes ahead OK, but it just annoys me!  I have tried going into the security settings (Edit, Preferences, Security (Enhanced)) and putting the necessary files and directories into the 'Trusted' list, but it makes no difference.  I have exactly the same problem on my work laptop, which is also running Win 7 and Reader 11, so it isnt just my new home PC.

I have uploaded the Allow/Block message to show what the issue is.  Any thoughts?

post-9029-0-95594600-1391422883_thumb.jpg

I sometimes have problems with Adobe Reader, w2hich will not open some PDF's. As I have a very old Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (the one that you can write with as welll) I then use that ok. Conversely I also get some PDF's which won't open with Acrobat 5.0, but will open with Reader Xl. I suspect in the latter case though the PDF was written with a newer version of Acrobat than mine.

Stewart

Thanks guys.  Like Stewart, I have an old copy of Acrobat 5.0 which I can use to create PDFs, but most recent PDFs have been created on more recent versions, so that didn't help. 

I hadn't heard of Foxit PDF reader, but have just downloaded it, and it seems to handle my files much better than Acrobat!  A really good piece of advice - much appreciated!

Archived