Its the little things ...

justin1985

Its the little things that make a difference, isn't it?

I ordered five new Fleischmann N gauge wagons from Modellbahn Shop Lippe, who are a quite widely recommended German "box shifter". The five wagons cost quite a lot more than you'd expect to pay for similar UK outline stock, but then thats expected in a minority interest like Scandinavian prototype N! Modellbahn Shop Lippe are quite competitive on price, however, and offer a discount on RRP on most things, and also manage to stock Fleischmann's "e-shop exclusive" items, not normally available via retailers. They also run a loyalty points scheme, much like Kernow. Postage was quite reasonable at €9.50 via DHL priority. 

Anyway, when I opened the box today ...

post-3740-0-37601800-1391634613_thumb.jpg

Not only did they throw in the full glossy 2014 catalogues for Fleischmann and Roco, when we're used to paying several £ for the UK equivalents, but there was a mini bag of Haribo Goldbären gummibears! 

Not sure about the sexist Roco slogan though ...

• 5 months later...

I had a similar experience. I used them recently for a pack of Noch ballast roll, which as I live in the Netherlands it's often easier to ship here from Germany then the UK. Similar to your experience when I opened the box I found it well wrapped (lots of foam bits) and also with added extras including a bag of haribo and some product information. They also have a good news letter and are veryS tolerant of my very bad schoolboy German

sehr gut

Steve

Archived