GW Gas lighting

I am modelling 2 Slaters 4mm kits of GWR clerestory coaches with gas lighting. There is an excellent picture of the pipe work on the roof of a carriage in Russell's GW Coaches Part 1 but where and how is the pipe work arranged on the carriage ends?

Has anybody got a picture or know where I can find a picture please?

There are several partial views of the end with the piping in Russell, but none are very clear. Note that teh pipes are only at one end.

So, how about this? It's Didcot's C10, No 1941 with the dual pipe system for the later gas mantle lighting:

post-6746-0-91611200-1392032041_thumb.jpg

For the earlier flat flame burners, just omit the left hand (pilot light) pipe.

btw, the 'new members' section is really just for folk to introduce themselves. Real questions like this should go in a modelling or prototype questions area, I'd suggest GWR Rolling Stock. I've suggested to the mods that they move this.

Nick

ps. welcome to RMweb!

There are several partial views of the end with the piping in Russell, but none are very clear. Note that teh pipes are only at one end.

So, how about this? It's Didcot's C10, No 1941 with the dual pipe system for the later gas mantle lighting:

attachicon.gifC10-end.jpg

For the earlier flat flame burners, just omit the left hand (pilot light) pipe.

btw, the 'new members' section is really just for folk to introduce themselves. Real questions like this should go in a modelling or prototype questions area, I'd suggest GWR Rolling Stock. I've suggested to the mods that they move this.

Nick

ps. welcome to RMweb!

Hi Nick, many thanks. I will try and do better next time and try and get things in the right place!

Archived