Sometimes you just go WOW how can I model that

Chris Gilbert

I used to drive by Fletcher's every day on the way to work.  Occasionally I would get stopped by the 44 tonner crossing the street.

Unfortunately, it shut down about 3 years ago due.  A quick google search found this:  http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadlines/ci_15456077

Its possible someone saved it, but I haven't heard anything about that.  Towards the end, the connection to the B&M was primarily used to ship IN blocks of granite from other sites to be cut by Fletcher.  But those shipments were few and far in-between. Shipping out the granite was all by truck.

The B&M 0-6-0 (#410) that's on display in downtown lowell used to work that quarry.  Fletcher used it until the 70's, and in the early 90's it was cosmetically restored by the National Park Service and the B&M hysterical society.

I used to drive by Fletcher's every day on the way to work.  Occasionally I would get stopped by the 44 tonner crossing the street.

Unfortunately, it shut down about 3 years ago due.  A quick google search found this:  http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadlines/ci_15456077

Its possible someone saved it, but I haven't heard anything about that.  Towards the end, the connection to the B&M was primarily used to ship IN blocks of granite from other sites to be cut by Fletcher.  But those shipments were few and far in-between. Shipping out the granite was all by truck.

The B&M 0-6-0 (#410) that's on display in downtown lowell used to work that quarry.  Fletcher used it until the 70's, and in the early 90's it was cosmetically restored by the National Park Service and the B&M hysterical society.

That article is from 2010... and considering the website is still active 4 years later, I have to imagine something happened to let them continue operations.

Archived