Help - cannot change email contact in profile

I would like to change my email address in my settings but when I enter in the chosen email it tells me it is already in use. The email my account is current on I no longer use so need to change it if I am to recieve any communication from the forum/members. I don't want to give out details here, but if a Mod can PM we, I'm sure we can work this out quickly!

Many thanks,

Dave

Not a Mod but have you followed the instructions as here? 

Email Address

PLEASE NOTE: You will have to re-activate your account after changing your email address.
An email will be sent to the email address you specify below, outlining what you need to do.
Proceeding with this action will sign you out. It is strongly recommended that you reset your password before changing your email address if you are unable to remember your password.

Good luck

Barnaby, that won't work if it's an email address that's already been used.

I would like to change my email address in my settings but when I enter in the chosen email it tells me it is already in use. The email my account is current on I no longer use so need to change it if I am to recieve any communication from the forum/members. I don't want to give out details here, but if a Mod can PM we, I'm sure we can work this out quickly!

Many thanks,

Dave

Send me a PM with the email address you'd like to use and I'll resolve it.

Ah Cheers Andy I was assuming he was at a completely new account but had not changed it correctly as per my post.  It sounded like he was trying to register again and was getting that message "already in use"
I'll leave it to the expert.

Regards

Archived