Painting windows on a Skytrex warehouse

Hi,

As the title says really, I'm after some tips on painting the panes of glass in the warehouse windows. I'm just not sure what colour to do it,  and also the best way to do it neatly!

The rest of the building is done and I'm now thinking I should have done them first.

I have attached a picture, since I took this I have painted the window frames and guttering.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received..

Thanks RMwebbers...

post-6849-0-51227100-1392909764.jpg

I did it this way.....(with apologies to Frank)

Painted window frame colour, dark green in my case, then did each window pane in a very dark grey, when all fully dried I used a wash of Tamiya weathering powders (soot and snow) to give a grey/white wash that hopefully looks like dirty, uncleaned, mucky industrial grime.

Pic shows a small section used as a baseboard/backscene join hider, I have used several of the Northlight building chopped about in various ways.

post-7067-0-48325000-1392910524_thumb.jpg

Several bits still unfinished...... no glazing and interiors etc, still jobs to be done!!

Hi,

As the title says really, I'm after some tips on painting the panes of glass in the warehouse windows. I'm just not sure what colour to do it,  and also the best way to do it neatly!

The rest of the building is done and I'm now thinking I should have done them first.

I have attached a picture, since I took this I have painted the window frames and guttering.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received..

Thanks RMwebbers...

attachicon.gifcolas2.jpg

Hi Scott.

I did mine this way.

Got the brickwork and lintels etc. completed to my liking then painted the window frames and bars in the required colour.

When dry, I filled each window with gloss black. All 756!

Best of luck

Dave

post-509-0-01389800-1393168615_thumb.jpg

Archived