I am really stuck for choice on what signals to get

I was originally going with train tronics but after second looks it seemed to be that they didn't look quite realistic enough for my liking

I then liked the look of the berko and eckon range and was going to go with them but now have seen cr signals on their site and looked very good

Although after searching them up on google images - it revealed other images of their products and they did not look so good.

Is this just some of their older products or what?

Any help or suggestions are welcomed

WCML100/Ammanford Junction

You might like to consider that some firms make signals in more than one scale, so you need to be careful of comparing images of 2mm scale models with their 7mm counterparts in some cases.

Eckon/Berko signals will inevitably appear overscale in 4mm scale because of the use of large 3mm LEDs so it is hard to see how they can appear better than TrainTech, CR Signals and Absolute Aspects which all use smaller LEDs and are therefore a better starting point.

Whatever you choose, look on the bright side that they can only be light years ahead of these abominations that people fall for on ebay...

post-17811-0-72779500-1393869622.jpg

They make anything by Eckon/Berko look positively finescale...

You might like to consider that some firms make signals in more than one scale, so you need to be careful of comparing images of 2mm scale models with their 7mm counterparts in some cases.

Eckon/Berko signals will inevitably appear overscale in 4mm scale because of the use of large 3mm LEDs so it is hard to see how they can appear better than TrainTech, CR Signals and Absolute Aspects which all use smaller LEDs and are therefore a better starting point.

Thanks for your comment - didn't think about the different scales!

What would you know about CR Signals?

Whatever you choose, look on the bright side that they can only be light years ahead of these abominations that people fall for on ebay...

attachicon.gifsignal.jpg

They make anything by Eckon/Berko look positively finescale...

YES! totally agree with you

I recently purchased a couple of heads from CR signals, excellent after sales whenI made an enquiry Sunday, response same day with follow up delivered today.

Thanks Paul(If you're reading this).

CR Signals are the only ones I have not yet seen in the flesh, but I know that the feathers on signals with route indicators have five seperate LEDs - that is how small the LEDs are that they use.

Thanks for the info

Peter

I have CR signals on my OO layout. I'd recommend them, very well scaled and accurate. They're easy to install and look the part. Unfortunately the CR website does not show the best pictures of the OO range. I'll see if I can find a photo of some of mine.

Thanks for the info, CR Signals have been reccomended a lot

Peter

I recently purchased a couple of heads from CR signals, excellent after sales whenI made an enquiry Sunday, response same day with follow up delivered today.

Thanks Paul(If you're reading this).

Thanks, good to know they have got good after sales care! Swaying towards CR Signals now!

Peter

Archived