sound chip

agr375

I just took delivery of a Heljan O gauge class 26 fitted with a Loksound XL chip. I'm using a NCE Power Cab and a 4 amp booster board. The chip was fitted by Tower Models. To begin with the sound functions worked ok but after a couple of running sessions I lost all sound but I still have lights and full speed control. I haven't been able to reactcivate the sound functions and can't work out if I have a faulty chip or have inadvertantly switched the sound functions off. I'm new to DCC so I don't know my way around the Power Cab operation yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions

One possibility is that you have selected the mute function. I have no idea what it is on that decoder but I would suggest you try some of the function buttons that don't show on the main display of the Powercab (F8 on Tsunamis) or check the manual on how to display them .

There is a mute on F8 on Loksound 3.5

it can also be used to set the volume level, so it's just possible you may have turned the volume down inadvertently. - from the manual...

"For LokSound V3.5, you can also easily adjust the volume during normal operation by the F8 function button: Press the F8 button two times quickly in series. Each time you do this, the volume is increased by one step up to the max. After you have reached the maximum volume, the volume is reset to the lowest value again. You can toggle through 4 different volume levels."

Don't forget the simple things, the V 3.5Xl uses screw connectors on the board, these are sometimes less than successful, check the speaker wires are still in place. If they appear to be in place give them a pull (not violent) and make sure.

Terry

Archived