BR 20t Ferry Vans (diag 1/227) in Western Region?

ZiderHead

Have you checked out Paul Bartletts site?

My first thoughts were export clay from the West Country, Pauls site has pictures of them,

still carrying their RIV number, at Exeter Riverside, Plymouth Friary and St Blazey, as well as Gloucester,

cheers

Not being a wagon expert but if you mean the same type as just behind the engines as a barrier wagon in my posting on the class 40 pics I can remember one of the same type or something very similar at Barnstaple. From memory it had glass moulds for Torrington glassworks that had come from Italy. It was a very infrequent traffic, perhaps once a year, but I can remember later times with it turning up in later years in later vehicles a la Heljan

Hi,

its possible my memory may have been playing tricks as these are the only three photographs of fairly nondescript brown ferry vans at Barnstaple that I was thinking of. With apologies for the fairly poor quality, one is an underexposed 110 negative that I have tweaked to show a little more detail

post-14048-0-23098900-1395568784.jpg

post-14048-0-24850500-1395568818_thumb.jpg

post-14048-0-86624700-1395568843_thumb.jpg

Hi,

its possible my memory may have been playing tricks as these are the only three photographs of fairly nondescript brown ferry vans at Barnstaple that I was thinking of. With apologies for the fairly poor quality, one is an underexposed 110 negative that I have tweaked to show a little more detail

Top one is a DB Tcefs van (with side and end doors and an opening roof, the lower two are a Belgian design that would qualify as UIC ORE type 3 van, so would have similar dimensions to the Hornby, albeit with a slightly smaller door.

You could take all the side detail off a Hornby van, replace it with a side of thin plasticard, add the ribs from evergreen U section (or H section with two legs cut off) ten its only a question of sorting out the vents - alas my etch isn't right for the bottom one, but might be OK for the one in the middle.

Jon

Archived