Alternative source of paper downloadable buildings

They look interesting, Jack.  I'd like to try one but I notice they print out on US 'Letter' sized paper which I believe is 8.8" x 11". As A4 is only 8.3" wide I wonder how we would get on, especially as the the examples shown seem to be printed very close to the edges of the papers on which they are illustrated. Hhm...

Unless the downloads are un-secured pdf files which could be cut and pasted I don't see much of a future for them here unless you are able to source 'Letter' sized paper, or, am I being obtuse?

Puzzled Chubber

No idea, I just saw the post on ebay - but perhaps an enquiry to the seller may be worthwhile for those interested

For info a quick search on Wikipedia says

US letter = 8.5" x 11"      215.9 x 279.4

UK A4    = 8.2" x 11.7"   210 x 297

I doubt that it will cause a problem with so little difference

BEWARE  --   I did try to search for them under 3D model Kits and got 'mousetrapped' by a 'SoftTonic' site and had to resort to a Task Manager to escape. Running a scan now.

I must have been mistaken in my sizes, I agree that the 0.3" shouldn't make too much difference.

Poop-poop

Doug

Doug - go to the link I gave and then click on the first item - scrolling down gives a lot more info and note that they are 3DK and NOT 3D model Kits - I had no problems or warnings going through the ebay link - also the Pdfs are fully scaleable it says

• 4 months later...

Has anyone on here bought and received any of these download kits? I thought they looked good and comprehensive instructions are available on free download. I sent an order and paid by PayPal which was the last I've heard so far. I've sent an email and put a question on their Facebook page but not heard anything more.

Mike - I recieved one of 3DK's kits a few months ago.  Namely the terraced house.  This kit is 4mm scale and prints on A4 paper & the quality appears to be very fine. I don't like the printed down spouts etc. but these can be covered.  I've not built mine yet so can't comment on that score. He only answers his emails about once a week, because of his day job, so there does not seem to be any worry there.  Incidently the kit comes with a full page of bricks which is very useful.  when I've built mine I'll put it up on the site (if no one beats me to it.

Mike, I also ordered the terraced house, almost a month ago. It was just before the big NMRA show over here, so I figured he might be at that and didn't worry about a immediate reply. I then basically forgot about it, with other things going on.

I received 3 emails from him this past Sunday, the 10th, with the attached files. He apologized in the emails for the delay, stating he has had some health problems. So he is still around, and I would guess, catching up on orders.

Jim F

I also have ordered a download from him and he also has failed to answer any of my emails and this is over 6 days ,he has put on ebay that he has sent the item .but no to me as I have received HE HO .If the guy would just answer his emails .

• RMweb Gold

No idea, I just saw the post on ebay - but perhaps an enquiry to the seller may be worthwhile for those interested

For info a quick search on Wikipedia says

US letter = 8.5" x 11"      215.9 x 279.4

UK A4    = 8.2" x 11.7"   210 x 297

I doubt that it will cause a problem with so little difference

I print the A4 Scalescene kits here in the US on Letter and found that very little is lost usually its a header or footer. in some instances I print it at 99% again no real issues.

Andy

I email,d him more than a 6 times and still nothing ,yet on ebay it says that my item has been  posted .>>>> WHEN ITS A DOWNLOAD !!!!!!!! and you dont  get any useful information from ebay ,they say I have to wait 6 weeks for postage ????????

I ordered a kit from this Seller last year. I had no contact from him for a couple of weeks , neither did he reply to my emails.

Eventually, the download came through - no apology for the delay .

I find it difficult to describe the quality of the kits as they are completely different to anything else I have ever come across. In my opinion, they are not comparable with 

Scalescenes - I would only use them in the background. However, I think you also need to take into account the price of these downloads - they are certainly not expensive for what you get.

Perhaps we are all spoilt as we normally receive  downloaded kits by return. If the guy has health problems it can't be easy to keep on top of things - especially if he has other employment as well,

on the other hand an automated email can't be that difficult to organise !

Alan

Archived