Scalescenes redesigned diesel depot released 26th

Thanks for the post Traction. The kit is now available here

It's an all new, more flexible modular design that can be easily built as a single or two road version. The new design also allows easy extensions to the shed's length. Includes a huge range of hazard signs and editable depot entry signs (British Rail, Railfreight - all sectors, Regional Railways, Network SouthEast, Transrail, Freightliner, EWS and DB Schenker).

• Highly detailed interior elements (including lockers, tool drawers, battery charger, noticeboards and fire hoses)
  • Includes marked hardstanding and inspection pits with the LED option
  • Choice of walls with or without windows
  • Optional graffiti for modern image 
  • Realistic lightly grimed windows

Happy modelling! 

John

<a data-cke-saved-href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.670074259718752.1073741834.189623911097125&type=1" href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.670074259718752.1073741834.189623911097125&type=1" _blank"="" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">

• 2 weeks later...

Another great looking kit John. I built the last version and inspection pits for my Chadwood layout, but I like the look of this one so think I will be doing a rebuild!

Keep the kits coming!

Dave

Has anyone any feeling for the period of this model? Obviously the signboards enclosed are relatively modern, but I'm more interested in the structure. 

I suspect the key item for his is the large square section corrugated walling. I'm wondering about replacing these with more traditional corrugated iron, or corrugated asbestos to see if this looks more suitable - and it would also avoid having to cut the 'combs' in N gauge.

Here is my take on one of the walls in N so far.

post-7403-0-62611100-1396879112_thumb.jpg

post-7403-0-22470000-1396879139_thumb.jpg

Pleased with how it is coming together. I did away with the combs and sidding on the upper sides as it was getting a bit frustrating and having done it on the previous depot not always affective in the smaller scale.

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived