Splitting a thread

Hi.

I've had a thread going for about 2 years, charting the progress of my 7mm layout (link below, if interested).

I've recently started describing the building of an LNWR Coal Tank for the layout.  It's in the layout thread, but I now think it would be better as the subject of a separate thread in 7mm modelling.

The question is: how do I take out the posts relating to the build and put them into a new thread?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

Post a very grovelling PM to the moderators/admin and hope they have very little else to do. ;)

One way is by reporting your own post above - they will need more details of which posts to move out into a new topic.

[Ed] ... and don't make a habit of it ;)

Kenton's advice is spot on.

Just report the first post that you'd like to split from the rest of the topic.

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I've pressed the "report" button but the notes say it's only to be used for objectionable content and not for any other reason.

However, I'd like, on my "West Kirby Town" thread,  post 440 and all posts thereafter to the end of the thread (so far) putting into a new thread entitled "Building a Coal Tank for West Kirby Town" in the 7mm modelling forum, please.

Apologies if I've caused you any bother.

Rod

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I've pressed the "report" button but the notes say it's only to be used for objectionable content and not for any other reason.

However, I'd like, on my "West Kirby Town" thread,  post 440 and all posts thereafter to the end of the thread (so far) putting into a new thread entitled "Building a Coal Tank for West Kirby Town" in the 7mm modelling forum, please.

Apologies if I've caused you any bother.

Rod

No problems, now split and the new topic is here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/84410-coal-tank-progress/

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do if asked nicely.

If Andy has the time, I was wondering if he'd like to pop round and scratchbuild a footbridge for me? I'm only asking because I've seen his work and I know he's ever so good at things like that.

Just enough grovelling or too much? :mosking:

I'm only asking because I've seen his work and I know he's ever so good at things like that.

I'm the wrong person to ask as I'll advise that you're thinking about the problem from a traditional perspective. What you need is simply a hole in each platform and an underpass. Problem solved; happy to help. ;)

Archived