Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Losing a layout due to time

Well, after 3 months+ of not having the time or motivation to do anything on my Poole layout, I've decided to dismantle it.

I've never really been happy with the layout, too many compromises in the track plan and it always looked a little 2 dimensional and flat. The more I look at it, the more this bothers me, and knowing the layout will never look quite right has caused a lack of motivation. The boards also take up a whole wall in my man-cave, and I could use the space better if 11'x2' wasn't covered in unused boards with track I'm not happy with stuck on top.

But all is not over for me and model railways. I'm planning something a little smaller, but with more height. And also something within my capabilities, as I struggled with everything about Poole from the signal box to the station building. My initial thoughts are some kind of depot (using the new Scalescenes depot building which looks beautiful) or maybe engineers sidings or a wagon works.

I'd like to thank everyone who offered help, advice and support while I was building Poole, and I look forward to bombarding everyone with a hundred new questions in the future!

Mark

Well done for not pursuing something you'd lost interest with, especially when it features on RMweb and thus enters the 'public eye', sort of.  When you're ready, plan, build again and ask away.    

Archived