7mm Brass Loco Kit Identification

I have recently acquired two brass kit built loco kits and would like to know who the kit manufacturers are. The locos are pictured here and appear to be a Deeley dock tank and a GWR Metro tank but I would welcome any further information.

post-8705-0-30180700-1397596614_thumb.jpg

post-8705-0-85591000-1397596641_thumb.jpg

I was very lucky at a general auction yesterday and spotted these two locos along with a finished Majestic Models GW 1361 saddle tank, which also looks lovely and well finished. I haven't been able to test them yet to see if and how they run but I suspect they will be very sweet judging by the build quality.

Here's the 1361

post-8705-0-89987700-1397676004_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Can confirm the Deely is Eric Underhill.

The Metro? I cannot throw any light on that one.  Just for interest, these are two of my small metros.

Left one is Roxey t'other is JLTRT/Mitchell kit.

I do have a slight doubt that yours is Gateneal, it';s be some time since I built one of his but do not remember them having nice looking brass castings. Of course, as is normal, I may be wrong.

post-150-0-71569100-1399665579.jpg

Hi Ken

The engine on the right is a 517 class not a Metro. 

With regard to the old Gateneal kits not having brass fittings, Springside probably among other suppliers, offer brass domes and fittings which could have been used.

Bill 

Bill, I know it's a 517.  It's just I tend to call all those 4 coupled small tank as metros. The 517 built at Woverhampton and the 'Metro" at Swindon.

Archived