Bachmann Jubilee

WhiteRoseRambler

I have just acquired a Bachmann Jubilee (31-175K Kolhapur) off a well known auction site. As I normally model BR Blue in the 80s, this is the first Jubilee I have bought so have no experience of them; I have a couple of questions that can hopefully be answered here before I go back to the seller with my 'feedback'.

The front bogie on the loco is hanging loose, as if it is just held on by the spring. If it weren't for the coupling, it could spin all the way round. Is this normal? I fear that tightening it up would prevent it from moving freely. To me it looks wrong but i'm sure it would look ok when sat on some track.

Secondly, did these particular models come with addtional nameplates as part of the accessory pack?

Many thanks

Chris

I have taken my pristine one out of its box.It is exactly as you describe.....and no etched plates.My accessory pack is unopened.I do not think you need worry.

Thank you Ian, that puts my mind at rest.

Now to find out how the seller 'has had it from new' when it has a Rails of Sheffield sticker dated Jan 14 on the box!!!! :)

• RMweb Gold

Ah...now that IS interesting.I purchased mine from Rails late last year.It was one of their clear outs,apparently one of a collection owned by a staff member.It had obviously been unused and was very stiff to start with.Good luck with yours.

• RMweb Gold

Ah...now that IS interesting.I purchased mine from Rails late last year.It was one of their clear outs,apparently one of a collection owned by a staff member.It had obviously been unused and was very stiff to start with.Good luck with yours.

Mine was not actually an e-bay purchase,as a point of interest.It was made at the time when Rails had a large volume of s/h stuff for sale via their own website /newsletter. I have made a number of e-bay Rails item purchases since....and I always make a "best offer" which has worked on every occasion but one.The good thing is that you get free postage and a no-quibble warranty. Sometimes you may think it's a ripoff but you CAN get value if you use your own knowledge with a healthy dose of commonsense

Archived