Snap-it Programming

peach james

So, the question is how do I program the CV's 550 and 552 on a Snap-It ?  The NCE manual says to use Op's mode, which I think should work.  But...I am using Digitrax, and can't see how to address a stationary decoder in OPS mode.

(or, for that matter, in Decoder Pro, using a Digitrax PR3 programmer)

Any hints on a postcard,

James Powell

You can't....

Very few systems support ops-mode accessory decoder programming, NCE is one of the handful which do support. This is not the same as ops-mode mobile decoder (loco) programming, which loads of systems support. 

You can, in principle, get it to work from JMRI/DecoderPro, but you'll end up constructing the DCC packets and sending those to the track yourself unless someone has written a script for you to use - I don't think such a script would be massively difficult to write, but its not one I'm about to attempt.

- Nigel

• RMweb Gold

I don't know about the Snap-It but I have been having similar problems trying to program the Switch-IT with a Lenz system. There us a topic about it somewhere but sadly with no resolution.

The instructions suggest that trying to program it with a loco address should work but it doesn't. Emails to NCE elicited no more than a 'read the manual' type response. Digitrains were sympathetic but don't use this particular combination and so couldn't really help either.

I'm continuing to experiment without particularly having any success.

Archived