rock 10772 locked up

Chameleon

During our exhibition, the Rock 10772 turnout control appears to have locked up. When you plug it in, it now only shows three dashes (---) with three flashing dots below them. I can't seem to get it to return to normal operation. I have no idea if it is knackered or if the person using it at the time has managed to put it into some weird mode it can't get out of (he has no idea if he did anything and says it just stopped working)

Has anyone come across this before on this unit and if so, did they fix it or is it terminal?

Tried unplugging it, didn't really have a chance to mess with it. I believe you can press the escape button while plugging it in which gets you into the route setting menu. I'll have a go on Wednesday. No idea what its up to and I'm hoping someone else has had the same problem.

Have you tried substituting the cable?

The Master Multimaus (or Maus 2) needs the 6-pin wired cable, but the slave handsets only require the 4 out of 6 connected (it does no harm to use the full -pin cable in place of the 4, but not the other way.

It is possible that the cable sed has become damaged - I had 1 controller misbehave when we set up for a santa's Grotto last winter - cured by changing the cable.

As the Accessory (Point/Signal) controller is an Expressnet Device, just tlike any other handset  - ou can try swapping it in position with another controller.

Could something have changed from its having an automatic address allocation to a preset one, which is conflicting with something else plugged in on the Expressnet Bus???

Which other components are you using ?

We use it with our lenz setup. I have the rj45 to din adaptor cable. We also use a multimaus as well as the lenz lh100 handsets.

It was plugged into a small layout at our show and I only found out about the fault at packing up time. I had a quick go and plugged it in to the layout but still got the same three dashes with flashing dots below them. Don't think anything else was plugged in. I'll try another adaptor cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've tried swapping cables and plugging it into my roco control box all to no avail. I'm still getting three dashes with three flashing dots under them. It is completely unresponsive. Looks like its bricked itself. Who is the importer for Roco now? Will Roco themselves be able to fix it considering its been discontinued for a while?

Looks like I have an earlier Roco 10770 but no matter. Still can't get it to work. I gather Gauge master are now Roco importers/distributors. Will give them a try but as it has been discontinued for a while, they may not support it.

Also anyone else heard of stuff being sent back to Roco and never being seen again?

Archived