Triang Hornby R253 Dock Shunter

NERBOB

Hi All, There's a DCC Questions thread on this subject but thought my photos might be appreciated on these pages?

Had difficulty uploading pictures earlier, so if all fails please contact me for pictures & text.

Any questions, please ask.post-6877-0-33231800-1398633118_thumb.jpgpost-6877-0-48223500-1398633173_thumb.jpgpost-6877-0-87036700-1398633255_thumb.jpgpost-6877-0-20138600-1398633295_thumb.jpgpost-6877-0-41648600-1398633325_thumb.jpgpost-6877-0-43566600-1398633366_thumb.jpgpost-6877-0-06205100-1398633399_thumb.jpg

Best wishes,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I missed the obvious but the written information for the fitting is where?

I can see that the blue, white and yellow wires have been cut off from an 8-pin plug. The orange has been soldered to one 'insulated' brush and the grey to the other side of the 'spring' that holds the brushes. The red is soldered to ???

And it's been wired so that the lights can be turned on and off? It doesn't look like it. If not can someone sugest how it might be done with one of the other functions or was the decoder used not spec'd to allow lights on/off?

Sorry if I missed the obvious but the written information for the fitting is where?

I can see that the blue, white and yellow wires have been cut off from an 8-pin plug. The orange has been soldered to one 'insulated' brush and the grey to the other side of the 'spring' that holds the brushes. The red is soldered to ???

And it's been wired so that the lights can be turned on and off? It doesn't look like it. If not can someone sugest how it might be done with one of the other functions or was the decoder used not spec'd to allow lights on/off?

Hi, the main topic is in "DCC Questions". To answer your query: the Plug is a "spare" from my tool box. All wiring is new. Red = Right pickup, Black = chassis (Left Pickup), Orange = motor, Grey = motor. Because of the tight fitting of the body, the Blue, white, yellow wires are soldered to the bottom of the socket as "stubs". From hereon the lighting side of the circuit will be wired to the blue +ve with independent resistors, and the yellow & white then to to rear and front lights, all as convention. The Blue, Yellow and White cables you see are there before connection to much thinner wire for the lights. Hope this helps? I you want to see more pics please ask. Best wishes Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Also, note that the "return" strip that links the non-insulated brush wire to the motor block under the magnet has been removed, thus isolating the return brush from the wheels.

Well spotted! I think I mentioned that elsewhere but value your observation, thanks!

Archived