Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Fs Pisa to Florence SMN Traction in 1993

I was going through some old photo's and came across images from a trip to Italy back in 1993. There are shots of the coaching stock we travelled on from Pisa to Florence but not the traction. Can anybody advise what might have been in use back then?

I seem to recall someone telling us not to take pictures as the police would take a dim view of any photography on FS stations.

Assuming you're talking loco hauled, Florence had at that time an allocation of several classes of main-line electric locos: E444, E447 (E444 upgraded for higher speed), E636,E646 and E656. 

Yes , it was locomotive and coaches with a control cab car at the Florence end. The loco was pushing the train, I had walked past the loco to board at Pisa but could not recall even if the line had been electrified or not. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived