Heljan un-numbered class 47s

Hi Guys,

Just looking for a bit of information and im confident someone on here will be able to enlighten me.

With the issues from  few years ago, has the Heljan class 47 rot issue been resolved? I was looking at the un-numbered versions but not keen if they are still expanding!

Also, was the wheel issue sorted out? I remember people saying the pickups got terribly dirty very quickly.

Hopefully someone cant help me out

cheers

Stuart

• RMweb Gold

The rot issue was caused by a faulty batch of chassis it wasn't specific to a single product number.....for example.... you could have 2 Heljan 47145s one would rot and one would not....

in truth no one can be certain that its been resolved but as far as I know no recent batches have had the problem....

its worth noting this problem isn't specific to Heljan, its been seen in Hornby 31s and 50s as well as Bachmann warships

I think that unnumbered models were made more recently than the batches that have suffered from chassis problems. Those with problems seem to have been made somewhere around 2003 -2006 in my estimation based on when I bought models. However, as has been said, not all models even of the same livery, suffered from problems (so far at least) but the problems may take more years than have elapsed from the date that they were produced to show.

Archived