Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Wills Dock

Wills Dock

Having lurked around this forum for some time I thought it was about time that I posted something.

I can claim 0% for originality or modelling skill but I’ve had some fun.

My modelling falls into what I would describe as “pick and place” not difficult, very enjoyable given all range of RTR now available and only limited by funds.

Wills Dock is another box file railway using a slim line file, this was chosen as, to my mind, it gives a more open appearance in N, not having to peer into the box.

The sides were lined with a backscene in this case brick walls on three sides and a sky background. These were printed onto an A4 sticky label sheet and cut as required. The same technique was used for the “flat” buildings but stuck onto balsa sheets and blocks.

The dock was formed using foam core cut to represent the dock with the surrounding areas covered with coble sheets, again printed on the labels.

The track is Kato and is their tram track, 117 radius from memory. (The layout was given to my nephew as a present, hence the name.)

I was very surprised that the Graham Farish 08 shunters, both the old and new types negotiated these sharp curves. Warning this may be just the batch I have but it did work on a couple of the liveries I have and as well as the 03 and 04 models..

Not a lot more to say, and the photographs should fill in any gaps.

post-21318-0-30375200-1399911706.jpg

post-21318-0-13312600-1399911716.jpg

post-21318-0-60483000-1399911731_thumb.jpg

Archived