Blog- On30runner's Blog - fiddle yard!

RSS Fetcher

I have obviously now got quite a lot of stock for what is really not a very large layout. I also got a bit irratated by the fact I could only have two complete trains on the layout at one time. So I knocked up a small fiddle yard that sits on the end of the layout. It has no legs (mainly so I can pile junk under it!) and is supported by a strut that comes out from the main layout legs. Add this to the bolts holding it in position and it becomes very solid. I mean you wouldn't want to lean on it but as it holds stock you wouldn't need to! Once the board was all aligned etc I ran a point off the mainline and via a Peco three way point ran three sidings onto the deck. These hold the average length of train the layout can deal with and keeps it all out the way in a nice compact corner. I added a combing round the edge to prevent any near misses!

blogentry-1626-12647872049861_thumb.jpg

Another new addition was a tool shed which was built from a Mount Blue Models kit. This is made of wood and took about a week to make as its quite well detailed and the painting took up some time too. It turned out beautifully though.

blogentry-1626-12647873975141_thumb.jpg

View the full article

Archived