Layout builing oppurtunity

Long Line

I currently have a thread running in 'Clubs and Societies'..re.. 'Layout Building Opportunity'.....seeking new members/layouts at the 'Poynton Railway Modellers' Group based in South Manchseter/North East Cheshire SK12 and i thought the attached might be of interest here also? :icon_wave:

4 members of the group have agreed to build a new layout in the PRM building.

The idea is to give people the oppurtunity to get involved in building and exhibiting a larger/different project than they may normally undertake.

The project will be modelled in 4mm scale, wherein each person will build one or more module/sections, each measuring app/ 40" x 18" . It will primarily contain OO9 narrow gauge although some OO standard gauge is also envisaged. A common theme/location of the Potteries has been chosen to allow for the maximum choice of content to each person, whilst keeping it looking like one railway when assembled... which will be in various connotations making it truly flexible. Some basic understanding/experience of the hobby is required, but assistance will be given at keys stages to ensure the project sees fruition. Each person will pay for, build and own there own sections and as a joint effort is encouraged to supply some stock of their own to run upon the finished model.

Any NG modellers interested would be most welcome, experienced ones even more so :icon_drool:

Mark

Too far way, so I won't attend. But as a 15+ yr veteran of an NG club: stick to the NG stuff. We've originally started as a mixed SG/NG club, but reverted to NG-only some years ago as there where no SG builders at all! Besides, SG modellers have plenty more opportunities (read as: available clubs) to indulge in their SG ways :)

Thanks, we will always be a mixed scale/gauge group as individual layout owner/builders sharing a premises, myself already being heavily committed in N and 2FS.

The appeal of NG especially 009 has dogged for many years now. I have on occasion had the chance to operate Howard Clarke's O/16.5 layouts and found them to be great fun. Must admit that i am quite looking forwards to finding my feet in NG modelling... its always nice to try something new.

Once we have something to show I will post pic's or maybe even a blog?.

Mark

Archived