New book on the Drome narrow gauge

kirtleypete

I have just published a new book on the narrow gauge lines in the Drome region, 'Narrow gauge in the Drome & Vaucluse', available from Amazon at £14.95. There are 162 pages in colour, with pictures, timetables, maps, details of loco's and stock, track plans and a full history. The book also touches on the standard gauge lines in the area. The Vaucluse part is because one line ran through that region though it began and ended in the Drome.

The lines covered are the CdF de la Drome, comprising St Vallier to Grand Serre, Tain to Pont en Royans, Valence to Bourg and Crest, Pont en Quart to Chatillon, and Montelimar to Dieulefit. The two independent lines are Chamaret to Taulignan and Orange to Buis le Baronnies. All were metre gauge. 

All my French books are listed on my website www.kirtleymodels.com - if the narrow gauge doesn't appeal you might enjoy 'Railways of Charleville Mezieres and the French Ardnennes'. 

No doubt more will appear in due course but for the moment I've got to finish my new layout 'Mers les Bains', French narrow gauge in 1/32nd scale. 

Peter

Archived