Good morning!

Some of you may know of the previous Bromley Common which was built in an Ikea APA Storage box. It was a lovely project to build but the finished layout wasn't how I wanted it to be and it was dismantled. The APA box will be used for a small diorama project in the future :) 

I've had a few problems with feeling uninspired with railway modelling as rebuilding Chalk Lane didn't go as smoothly (now it's being stored) and I thought that starting a whole new project might just solve it. I drafted up a few plans and decided to do a simple 2 platform terminus set in suburban SE London in NSE days, the Bromley Common name was going to be re-used hence why it is called Bromley Common 2.0 :)

The scenic area is 1190mm x 300mm which should be enough to give it a nice leafy suburb setting. The station will be loosely based on Bromley North & Hayes (Kent) stations but will be on a smaller scale to only handle 2-car EMU's. There will also be a bridge at the other end that will carry the A21 road, this will act as the scenic break. A bus stop area and taxi rank will be at the foreground and a small forecourt area will be built. All this will be built on a very tight budget so there will be an extensive use of balsa wood and scratch-building as well as re-using bits and pieces from past projects to keep building costs to a minimum. 

So far today, the track has been pinned down and the platform has been put into place. It is a start! 

A plan for Bromley Common 2.0 is seen below (it is a rough draft made on Microsoft Paint).

BC+2.0.png

So far my enthusiasm has returned and hopefully this will be a nice project for the summer months :) 

Archived