Model Tramways in the Garden

Hi

I am currently planning a OO Gauge Tramway layout in the garden, running along a fence. It would consist of a single line, with a siding at each end and a loop in the middle. I do not currently have any motorised trams, but a Bachmann Brill Trolley has been ordered for the purpose of running on it. Construction will not start until the rest of the garden is finished, so it will probably be late July at the earliest. I would appreciate some tips on how to weather-proof buildings and electrics, I am usually an indoor railway modeller so I have little understanding of garden modeling techniques. Also, does anyone know where I could get some of the Roco Articulated trams I see on other threads, I would quite like one as a contrast to the trolley.

Updates on this project may be infrequent until construction starts proper, hence why this post is so long.

Hi Nathan

You might find more help in the Outdoor Railway Modelling section of the forum. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/186-outdoor-model-railways/ 

I tend to look through this section of the forum every so often with envy. There are quite a few topics in there of OO gauge outdoor railways so they will undoubtedly have combated the same issues that you will be facing.

Good luck with the project. 

Stephen

I would be a little concerned about pick-up when having very light models running on NS rail that has been continuously exposed to the outside weather and dust. No actual first hand experience to advise one way or the other, unfortunately. 

Andy

Archived