Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

error message when rating content

• RMweb Gold

I get this error message every time I rate content, but the rating eventually does go through. I have deleted my browser history and temporary internet files but that hasn't cleared it

IE10  and Windows 7 user. The issue does not happen on my android tablet so is not account based

post-12721-0-74243900-1403804773_thumb.png

Any ideas?

Sometimes I get this - I think it is a result of accidental double click. I think the ratings use Ajax which is pretty fast and the database gets updated before the second click goes out. As a result it arrives to find the response already sent and noted. So sends back this bland uninformative message.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Kenton, it is happening every time so unless I am consistently double clicking without knowing it, I think there might be another problem. Because the rating does not show straight away I can click it again and then I get the message "you have already rated this content"

Archived