BR Eastern Region relay boxes

Axlebox

Evening All

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a drawing of a BR Eastern Region (GN section pref) relay box as per this one at Lincoln...

http://www.roscalen.com/signals/Lincoln/BoulthamJct.htm

(scroll to bottom of the page)

thanks in advance

Duncan

PS I've just assumed they're called 'relay boxes' please feel free to correct/chastise!

As i said earlier not a lot of use but you can see what the LNER called them. I suggest the one in the picture is an E type apparatus cupboard.

Its a start...and I can probably scale things up from the size of a standard battery...

Thanks

Duncan

I do have some i can measure if needed. An E and F for sure plus a telephone cupboard.

Yes please...anything with some dimensions on...I've got 3 to make in all, an E/F sized cabinet and then 2 roughly sized D.

Thanks in advance

Duncan

Yes please...anything with some dimensions on...I've got 3 to make in all, an E/F sized cabinet and then 2 roughly sized D.

Thanks in advance

Duncan

It'll be this evening as i'm stuck in the orifice for the day.

The F type is 7 inches deep, 36 inches tall at the front and 35 at the back. Both the E and F type are 17 inches wide.

The E type is 12 inches deep, 36 inches high at the front and 34 ant the back. I do have a C type also.

Most of these i've seen were made at Leyton shops. I think they were quite proud of them...

post-4034-0-53181800-1404423910_thumb.jpg

...thank you for the time and trouble you've taken digging both drawings out... I should have enough to make a reasonable stab at making the cabinets...all I need to do now is get on with them!

Just seen the pic...with yet more dimensions!!!

Archived