5775 'The Railway Children'

LocomotionatShildon

Hi all,

We have no 5775 in our workshop at Locomotion (the one from the film) and trying to find the correct paint colour is proving difficult.  Apart from 'mucky yellow brown' from Andy Y and another unprintable description of the same from the workshop , we don't know the proper colour name to paint it.

I hope there a plenty of knowledgable people who can tell us!

Cheers

Surely the correct colour is GWR loco green? :jester:

But seriously, I can understand the attraction it would provide re-painting her as she was in the film. The colour looks to me to be a shade of ochre. A Google search for images of 5775 gives a couple of different shades, but this may well be due to the quality of the photo's. Perhaps getting a still image from the DVD and asking your paint supplier to colour match it would give a shade very close to what people remember?

Kev is correct, GW green or nothing.  That movie is so old now Jenny Agutter plays a nun!  Its already been on TV where she played 'mother', both far cries from the teenage Jenny of the 1970 original.  The Pannier though, still looks in good shape for its age but how many times can this transformation be done?

Brian.

I look forward to seeing progress on 5775 and seeing at Shildon when it is finished. Meanwhile, I'll go off and enjoy a Midland Region (ish) liveried Maroon Hall and Eastern Region liveried BR blue King.

Thought it was Golden Ochre used on 5775, as applied to D1015 at the behest of Brian Haresnape, who wanted to get Stroudley LBSCR ochre ('improved engine green') onto as many locos as possible (he succeeded with a Class 31 and D1015).

Archived