Cheap/Free Freight Train Timetables?

• RMweb Premium

What's the easiest, cheapest way of finding out in advance the timetabled freight trains due through a station please?

I've heard of Freightmaster but I don't regularly watch trains so didn't think a subscription would be cost effective for a few short hours spotting but what do others do?

Planning another trip back up to Didcot tomorrow, idea being that I can be off photographing the outgoing PS cooling towers and surrounding area and not miss anything amazing going through the station, like usual!!

Many thanks!

James

• RMweb Gold

Best, and cheapest, answer is to use Realtime trains.  It won't give you much in the way of information about the freights but it should include all but the most recent short term planned stuff as well as WTT alterations for the day.

I don't know how it is done on the Zone now but back in the days of the Region (and then TLF)  I moved WR freight WTTs onto the 8 week resources cycle which meant we reissued our WTTs every 8 weeks - no way the likes of Freightmaster could keep up with that  :angel:

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic, thanks for this tip off guys, really useful!

If you've not seen Realtime Trains before, here's todays freight train movements for Worthing, which I guess would be your local station ? James,  http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/WRH/2014/07/04/0600-2000?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=ZZ

Worthing is indeed the local station...now knowing about these 'additional' trains coming through each day could be dangerous...I can visualise 'just quick pop out' turning into something much more haha!

Archived