Shipley MRS 2014 exhibition

Jason T

• RMweb Premium

The 36th annual Shipley Model Railway Society exhibition will be held on Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st September 2014

Address:

Baildon Recreation Centre,

Green Lane,

Shipley,

West Yorkshire.

BD17 5JH.

Opening times:

10am to 5pm both days

Entrance costs:

£5.50 for adults

£2.40 for children

£11.00 for families.

The show is for seasoned modellers and families alike, with top quality layouts and trade on all three floors of the centre. Car parking is free and refreshments are available, and the venue is easily accessible from major road networks and rail services.

Layouts and demonstrations:

Acton Parkway OO 
Ahrtalzweibruck O 
Chapel Lane Sidings OO
Clayton (Under Construction) EM
Cowgill EM
Hebble Vale Goods EM
High Stamley OO9
Hirstwood Lock
Ikuno N
Karolina Falls On30
Leicester South GC OO
Melton Mowbray (North) N
Muirhill Park OO
New Millshaw O
Port Maud

Corrieshallock 2mm
59th and Rust HO

Warmington OO
2mm Association Stand
Demonstration Stand

Traders:

A1 Models
Book Law Publications
Cheltenham Models
Direct Train Spares
Elmet Images
Fotoshop
Grimy Times
Millenium Models
Milnsbridge Models
Mount Tabor
RMlectronics
Ten Commandments
Todmorden Model Supplies

SMRS Sales Stand

Club website:

http://www.shipleymrs.org.uk/index.php

• RMweb Premium

The list of layouts and traders has been slightly amended, with Warmington added to the layouts, and Smart Models removed from the traders, due to unforseen circumstances.

• 1 month later...

Really looking forward to this years show as it'll be my first time as a demonstrator.

As a member of the Clayton team i'll be showing some of the stock i'm building for Clayton, a mix of locos & various etched rolling stock.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/88522-chris-gnr-workbench/

Above is a link to my workbench thread.

I'll be on the door for the first hour sodont all rush at once........

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Update: 

Tucking Mill will unfortunately not be able to make the show due to unforseen circumstance. However,  Corrieshallock, a 2mm layout which is currently under construction, will be exhibited in place of Tucking Mill.

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all.....

Over the weekend i'll be demoing at the Shipley show showing the locos & rolling stock i'm building for Clayton.

Below is a pile of bits that make into the chassis for my London Road J4 & my intentions are over the weekend to get them into a rolling chassis (wheels not shown in photo) & maybe even running under its own steam, well DC.

post-19016-0-85781900-1411046701_thumb.jpg

If you can make it to the show i'll be on the top floor next to Leicester South (GC) with the Clayton team also showing our progress with the layout & discussing the line, its history & the fairly unique nature of some of the stock that ran the line in our period. Jason T will also be demoing his building buildings skills showing some examples from his excellent Bacup.

Hopefully see you all there....

Chris

If I understood a conversation correctly this afternoon A1Models are not attending.

Hello

Yes, unfortunately they are not able to attend. W have been trying to find a replacement but its very last min. They will be missed this year but its still looking a great show.

Cheers

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Well once again I enjoyed myself at the Shipley show this afternoon; some very nice layouts on display and good to chat with Jason T and Chris-GNR!  I don't know what the attendance might have been like compared to previous years, but it seemed a relaxed atmosphere, not too crowded and easy to move around and see everything.

Some snaps from Saturday at Shipley -

HEBBLEVALE GOODS (Karl Crowther)

post-7286-0-06558600-1411293500_thumb.jpg

HIGH STAMLEY (Paul Windle)

post-7286-0-35498400-1411293526_thumb.jpg

KAROLINA FALLS (David Bailey)

post-7286-0-55664100-1411293884_thumb.jpg

LEICESTER SOUTH (GC) (SMRS 4 mm Fine Scale Group)

post-7286-0-61886900-1411293932_thumb.jpg

MELTON MOWBRAY (NORTH)(John Spence & Steve Weston

post-7286-0-61701800-1411293967_thumb.jpg

Jason demonstrating his skills in modelmaking - and his taste in millinery.

post-7286-0-74085200-1411294131.jpg

Attended the show on the Sunday afternoon, as it was the first time i had visited the Shipley show i can say my son and i both enjoyed it

my 11 year old now wishes to build "Acton parkway" in his bedroom  :sungum:

i have been a round n round layout person in the past but everytime i see a shunting layout am becoming interested in the shunting scene more and more so i think it will be an end to end this time round.

• RMweb Premium

Really glad you all enjoyed the show. I might be biased but I feel it had a fantastic selection of layouts, traders, demonstrators (I would say that though, wouldn't I :D) and a welcoming atmosphere.

All credit to John who once again, pulled together a winning show.

A glimpse of the gestation so far of the next big thing anticipated from the Shipley MRS clubrooms: the club EM Gauge Group's “Clayton”, representing the station of that name on the GNR line between Bradford and Queensbury. Some track and rolling stock placed to facilitate visualisation, and, in the foreground, a test etch for one of a number of coach kits designed to fill gaps in what's available from the trade.

post-7286-0-19738400-1411782412_thumb.jpg

A glimpse of the gestation so far of the next big thing anticipated from the Shipley MRS clubrooms: the club EM Gauge Group's “Clayton”, representing the station of that name on the GNR line between Bradford and Queensbury. Some track and rolling stock placed to facilitate visualisation, and, in the foreground, a test etch for one of a number of coach kits designed to fill gaps in what's available from the trade.

attachicon.gifclayton 2.jpg

Ah, the elusive GNR rigid 8-wheeler I believe!

Archived