Blog- Stubby47's Micro Layouts - Cement Shed in a boxfile - 4mm

RSS Fetcher

This is a quick sketch of how I see the boxfile developing.

The scale will be 4mm, set probably current day.

The box will be vertical, landscape-wise, with the lid opening flat in front to give a partly extended baseboard and a place to add information. The inside of the box will be made to look like the inside of a large stone / cement processing shed - think the inside of one of Chris Nevard's buildings on Cement Quay. The track will enter stage left, about 1/3 of the way up the side, and lead to a hopper position - this will use the old Hornby / Triang hopper wagons on a home made activation gantry - something I've used before on a half built layout.

The cement will then drop into a large hopper (as Maenol Mine), then be fed down on to a conveyor belt, which will run stage left bottom to stage right top, then discharge the material through a hole in the building side (original base of the boxfile). The rest of the 'shed' will be full of offices, walkways, etc., plus a full lighting system.

blogentry-7025-12560571571551.gif

As and when I obtain said box, and make some progress, all will be revealed here.

However, 1st question - do you think I should use actual corrogated plasticard for the inside of the shed walls, or the Scalescenes TX29 sheets ?

View the full article

Archived