Fresh out of the box

Barnaby

I didn't read your post before replying. What you have said fits in with what I have suggested - latching equired.

That also probably explains the light too, that needs to be latched.

BTW, I suggest you cancel 5 (light engine) and 6 (shunting key) which are latched as you don't really need them operating at this stage. Your loco will then move at about three times the current top speed, though that will not be very fast, scale 12.5 mph.

Paul

Cheers Paul I'm sure what you say there is the way to go.  I've been doing a lot of reading of the new 3.6 manual off my pc and some things are falling into place if only when someone says I need to do this or that ie how to latch or make them momentary I know how to do that. 

Before I do I had tried holding down the 1 button while stationery hoping for a sound to arrive but it didn't so I'm not sure if the latching is the only problem but I will make the 1 button show and cancel 5 & 6.

I'll probably do this tomorrow, I did make a short video with sound which I might place on here just in case it gives any more info.

Thanks for sticking with me Paul much appreciated.

Regards

Joy of joy I'm in heaven I think it is all working correctly now, well first test run was very good.

Reading through the above and trying to digest it all I decided the function 1 wasn't working correctly even after I had re-input it in latch mode.

I decided to do a reset of the LZH 100 as this had been mentioned as being problematical under similar circumstances in other RM posts.

Basically I selected 0000 then punched the 4 button 20 times, unplugged it and returned 5 minutes later and viola it worked.

I'll give it a longer test later today but it looks good.

For interest I found a flow chart for 3.6 that has all the info on one page including where to find info in the manual >>>

The bit I used is bottom left corner of the page.

Regards all and thanks

post-1159-0-26957900-1406720319_thumb.jpg

Basically I selected 0000 then punched the 4 button 20 times, unplugged it and returned 5 minutes later and viola it worked.

Lol. How intuitive. Did you have to stand on one leg, rub you chest and pat your head at the same time?

Glad you got some sound action going at last.

The stay alive is quite long lasting when fully charged.If your loco looses DCC messages it can run on uncontrolled for up to a minute. Think about setting CV153 to limit the effective duration during which it can run without getting control messages.

Paul

Thanks again Paul I'll bear that in mind but for now I'll let things stabilise for a while. 

Mainly cause I've only just been looking at the changes I can make to CV's and how to do it so for now better I leave well alone.

One thing  though with all the functions I, II, III checked as working except for the lamp on the front, is there something ELSE I've got to do to switch it on?

Regards

No, just push F12 (latched).

The LED for this lamp is inside the model not the lamp, and shines up through a 'light pipe' to the lamp. It's possible that a ) due to misalignment the light is not travelling up the pipe, or b ) the lamp is 'on' but ambient daylight is making it difficult to see.

Unlikely to be a decoder issue.

Paul

Ok got myself up and running with full glorious sound.  I've been playing trains and delivering wagons here and there but now I want to get to the next stage.

My next stage is reassigning my loco from stack position 3 to somewhere else in the stack.

I'm sure this or something similar has been asked before so If anybody can post a link I'll go and look.

I have set up my PROGRAMMING TRACK and have read through to confirm its address as 0003, must admit I thought it would show 2 or 4 digits not 003 as it does but hey ho.

1/  I can see how to input a new address but I don't understand how to assign it a position in the stack.

2/  Chaz also mentioned he keeps his stack in numerical order, does the stack look after itself or if I have a new loco number that is mid-stack do I have to move all my locos beyond my new number by 1 step.

Back to re-read chapter 5.3 SELECTING AN ADDRESS FROM THE STATION STACK.

Regards

Yes I was just begining to understand from re-reading chapter 5 closely but that has to be after I have used the programming track to give it an address yes?

If I understand it correctly I give it an address on prog track, the command station saves it somewhere, then I go to the stack select between 1-12 and key in the new loco number then when I select that stack number the loco address should be there.

Another day another step................

Regards

EDIT

IF I'M UNDERSTANDING THIS A LITTLE BETTER I COULD IF I WANTED PLACE THE SAME LOCO ADDRESS AT ALL 12 POSITIONS IN THE STACK. 

Barnaby

If I correctly understand your question, yes, you could - The stack is simply a way of keeping a short-list of loco addresses on a given handheld controller, so for sure you could set all stack addresses to the same loco. Probably not very useful :).

I recently upgraded my Lenz kit to v3.6 courtesy of A&H (excellent service!) and am learning my way around it.

Rather more usefully than making all the stack addresses the same, you can reduce the stack size from 12 to "however many locos you have/want" which will limit future button pressing. Can't give you the command sequence but I have seen it in the online manual.

As Chaz suggests, putting your locos in order on the stack will also reduce the likelihood of overshooting. The Roco Multimaus (which can work as an x-bus controller on a Lenz system) allows you to scroll through its stack both ways, which is easier than the LH100.

You can also have different stacks on different handhelds.

The decoder in the loco is programmed to its address (2 or 4 digits) and it remembers this until it is reprogrammed. Other CVs may also be programmed into the decoder and will also be remembered "for ever", unless reprogrammed, or the decoder is reset. Resets in general should not be needed on decoders.

The control station remembers every loco that ever ran on it, since it was last reset - hence occasional resets are perhaps a good idea - and AFAIK it remembers whether given functions are momentary or latching for each address (although this info might be stack-related)

HTH

Simon

Yes cheers Simon what I was trying to say above that the 12 in stack are just "readers"  ie you prog a loco address and then you can choose any stack location to access it from.

For setting the stack size see at chapter 13.2.8 it is quite simple to do.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Archived