Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Ukrainian train of dead bodies

EddieB

I'm inclined to the view that it's far from ideal but a lot better than the alternatives - the train does at least seem to be cool and secure and hopefully they will be able to move it somewhere suitable for IDing and repatriating the dead

• RMweb Gold

I'm inclined to the view that it's far from ideal but a lot better than the alternatives - the train does at least seem to be cool and secure and hopefully they will be able to move it somewhere suitable for IDing and repatriating the dead

I very much agree. Even in a "normal" situation (operational government, operational police force, etc), it would be difficult to provide suitable facilities to cope with such an incident. They have found the most practical solution.

On the 10 o clock news last night, there were worries that this train may be short on fuel to keep the refrigerators running with no immediate back up supply. At that point there were still around a hundred bodies that have not been collected and the heat out there is worse than it has been in the UK this last week.

I'm not usually too interested in conflicts abroad but this has really made my blood boil. An unprovoked attack and an antagonistic cover-up at the expense of the dignity of the deceased. RMWeb probably isn't the place to discuss it, so I'll just leave this quote from John Kerry. I agree with it wholeheartedly:

"The lack of access makes its own statement about culpability and responsibility".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28397886 - edited to include link to video posted on the BBC website in the last hour.

Archived