Roco Railjet 62366

cpmodler

Hello to all.

This is my first post to this forum. I am in Chicago, IL. I just got a railjet locomotive after having the 7cars for about a year! A 62366 became available and I took it even though I had been waiting for the relaease of the 73531. I understand that #62366 has a better motor in it. I have the sound version. I think it is a Zimo MX643p22 I am told from another forum. I am using an NCE procab at our club.

Anyway, I ran it for the first time yesterday. I learned that to run in push pull one has to remove the two jumper plugs which I did. I also found out that to program the locomotive it has to be done with the cab car. When I run the train with the default address of 003, the lights work on the loco and cab car. When I program the long address ( I used 2187), the lights light on the locomotive and are red on the rear of the locomotive but no lights on the cab car. When I reverse to the cab car forward I don't get any lights on it. I think the interior lights which seem to work on Function 7 seem not to work either. When I reset to the 003 address, the lights work ok. (loco forward with white lights, cab car red. When the cab car is forward, white lights red on the locomotive). Interior lights work with F7

Does anyone know if there is somthing else one needs to do after programing a different address? I don't fully understand how the cab car which I understand has a decoder works with the locomotive decoder.

I also understand that there may be some more sounds one can get access to. Mine does not have a conductor announcement that I have seen on some youtube videos. F6 seems to set it at 1/2 speed I think but no change when I use F6. It seems that this decoder is a bit complicated but has lots of features.

Thanks to all for your help.

Eric

Hello Dutch_Master,

Thanks for your post. I too have sent an email to roco and am waiting a reply. I thought in the meanwhile I would see if anyone on the forum has encountered this issue and has figured it out. I called the place where I bought the loco and he told me that he thinks there is another step to the lights but he did not know what it is. He suggested an email to roco. Previous emails seem to take forever before I get a reply. Which locomotive numbers are your railjets? There seem to be several numbers out there. One 73509 which I ordered never came and now says that it is no longer available. 62366 became available and 73531 apparently has not been released as yet. I grabbed 62366 as these seem to be hard to get in the US. Best wishes with yours.

Eric

Hi Eric.

I to have 62366, a little gem. I also have had problems with the lights when connected to the trailer set. My set is 64089. I tried allsorts but in the end took it all back to my dealer who returned it all to roco. The end result was a complete new 64089  being delivered. This is now working fine in all respects, all my problems were caused by a faulty driving trailer. maybe you have the same fault as I had?. Just a thought.

Regards.

Craig. 

Thanks Dutch_Master for the information and hello to  Craig. I am still trying to figure out all the different model numbers and versions of the railjet!

Interesting on the web site. Were you talking about the paint on 73531? They repainted later locos? Are you meaning the real ones or the models?

I hope as Craig stated I do not have a problem with my 64089 set. I also have the 3 other cars to make up a 7 car set. I will await a reply from roco and if there is a problem I will have to return it to either them or the dealer where I bought them. Again when I run it in the short address it works fine. I hope they won't run out of the 64089 sets. I had to wait over a year to get a loco here in the US or from the dealer. Reynaulds is the dealer near Chciago.

I see that Jagerndorfer also makes a railjet train.

Also, how does one best raise the pantographs? I have not been able to get them to release from the down position.

Eric

Hi Eric.

The pantographs are raised by using a small jewellers screwdriver and gently easing the arm of the retaining clip. After you have done this once it should be easier to do on subsequent occasions, be very gentle. I only have a small fleet of DCC loco's and only need to give them a short address, my railjet set is given a simple No 2. My control system is a Gaugemaster Prodigy which is a UK version of a US system. You could try to give your set a short address somewhere between 1 and 10 and see what happens?. 

Re extra sounds, I as yet haven't found any station announcements, although I do have a ROCO Hurcules which dose.

Wishing you well.

Craig,

Hello Craig and Dutch_Master, and other forum members and readers,

Thanks again for the information. I will take a look at the web sites when I have a little more time. That's really neat that they have the Tarus ring tones. I couldn't get them to play but I will try again. the relaxed music played and the future of the OBB played. Thanks for the link. I still have a "dumb" phone though my wife has an I phone. Thanks for the tip on the pantographs. I will give it a try again. I have not heard anything yet from Roco though they must get a ton of emails from all over the world.

Last Aug. I was in Germany and had a chance to ride on the ICE train and according to the display we hit 250km/hr. No train in the US goes that fast at least around here. I was in the northern part of Germany (Frankfurt and north) and did not see any Railjets. Would have loved to have seen one and ridden on one. I think the color scheme is nicely done.The ICE trains are nice too and they are all over Germany. Maybe I should get one too! They seem to connect two of them together often about 14 cars.

I don't quite understand why changing to the long address should cause the lights to behave differently. At our club there are a lot of people running and probably I should not keep the 003 as others testing trains will use 003 to see if they run ok then will change the address so we don't have two people controlling the same trains. Next time I go I will do some more testing. We have an NCE system which was originally called System One and I heard that NCE bought them out. We have some wireless cabs and some wired cabs.

Have either of you seen the inside of the Tarus cab? There seem to be two handles on the right and two on the left as well as many switches and some nice screens gauges and dials. (I think there is a picture of the Taurs cab on the roco Z21 sysem) I have not been able to find out what the handles do. I assume one is for brakes and one is the throttle. The other two handles are a mystery to me. Somewhere I read that they can pre program acceleration and max speed depending on the tracks and maybe other train traffic. The train system in Europe is truly amazing. After leaving Frankfurt, I saw many tracks and switches and it is amazing how the trains get to the right places, especially before computers.

Best wishes.

Eric

Hi Dutch Master.

Thanks for posting the link re phone downloads, I will be having some fun with them, that is if I can get them onto my phone. I will watch with interest how your attempts to load a long address onto the Railjet go. As usual I am shure  it will be beyond me or if not me my system, all the best with it anyway.

Craig.

Hello Dutch_Master, Craig and others,

I received a reply from Roco yesterday and here is what is says,

"We regret: The fitted decoder 130549 in the driving trailer of coach-set 64089 isn´t able to can be programmed with a long address. Therefore we recommend to exchange this decoder with the version (Roco-Art.-No.) 10882. In this case for the programming process put it into the loco (successful programming with socalled motor-acknowledge) temporarily 1st) programming the long address 2nd) programming the special function mapping: CV61=97, CV35-CV38=0, CV39=4, CV40=0, CV41=8

I am not sure what motor-acknowledge means and why one would need to remap the cvs. I assume that this decoder goes into the loco and not the control cab. If I can use a different short address instead of the 003 that would work for me. I am not sure how this decoder works. I looked it up and it seems to be made by Lenz. Don't know if it has sound or if the sound is somewhere else on the circuit board apart from these decoders.

I understand from a friend of mine one can change the short address. Hopefully it will not mess up other things. Anyone have experience with the short address and lights?

Eric

Thanks Dutch_Master,

very good analogy. I think you have to program both the loco and control cab together. I tried programing the loco alone and got, "can't read cvs". Is that 10882 decoder only for the control cab or is it for the loco? I don't think I will bother with getting a different decoder.

The simulator that the guy has in the video is quite something. Wonder how much he spent on it. Also there is a tutorial for the Tarus on Train simulator 2012 maybe for 2014 as well. I have not looked into this yet.

Eric

Hi Eric.

It would seem that now Roco have responded to you and the Dutch Master that there is a way round the issue of a long address. I am shure that Dutch master will be the first to sort this next stage out, however I would be inclined to keep it on the short address you have got 1-99 to play with. As I indicated earlier I moved my set to No 2 address and have had no problems since. If you

continue to have problems with a short address and lights then you my have a faulty driving trailer as I did. Swap the address and see. Then post the outcome.

Cheers for now,

Craig.

Hello once again,

Is there a way to program only the control cab? If so, is that done by putting only the cab on the program track and proceeding with the programing. Or, do the loco and the control cab have to be on the program track at the same time. If this is the case, how is the loco and the cab programed or are they programed together? Can the cab be programed independently of the loco is my question and if so how does one do it?

Thanks again.

Thanks again Dutch_Master,

Yes we do have programing on the main. I will try when I next have the opportunity to try it at the club layout. If I understand correctly, put the cab on the programing track or main (if programing on the main) and set it to another short address. Then I would have to put the loco on the track with the cab car and hopefully it would program the loco to the new short address as well as it will not program the loco independently of the cab with the jumpers out. Or should one program the loco with the 2 jumpers in then program the cab by itself, then remove the jumpers and use them in push pull?  Another way is can one put the two units in consist, the loco and cab. Don't know if this makes sense or not.

Thanks again.

Eric

Please don't think I'm trying to be funny but a two digit address still gives you  01 to 99 that's a lot of locos. So will you be running the chips as a consist. The reason I'm asking is that we were talking about the Railjet down the club on Monday and someone said he was very close to picking a full set up, not sure if he was going after the DCC or DC set :O

I use a separate log card. Austrian loco no's are far to small to read when they are on a layout with my ageing eye sight. Memory is fine when there is only a handful of loco's operational.

I would whole heartedly recommend a Roco Railjet set they are super, go for the sound version If you can stretch to the extra cost. I bought a non sound version and regreted it from day one it was soon traded in for the sound version. As for the coaches I did buy a set with full interior lights, not shure this is nessesary unless you operate in the dark a lot of the time.

Craig.

Welcome Stock_2007,

Yes, I will try to program the two of them together with a short address. If that does not work, I will try the cab independently. I spoke to Reynauld/s the dealer here he thought one could program a short address to both at the same time. I haven't gotten to the club yet to try it.

Let us know if your friend purchases the Railjet and which one he got. It is a nice train.

I was thinking if one could slide a flat stick under the couplers to give it some support as one connects the cars as there is a lot of flex when one tries to connect them on the track.

It seems now that one can get locos, 62366 (which has a stronger motor so I am told), 72457, and 73531. Maybe some others have been released as well. I have 62366.

The Z21 system looks very interesting.

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all,

Sorry I have been on vacation for one week. I did not have internet available while I was away. I had a chance last week to run the railjet. Wow did I have a hard time connecting the couplers together. I tried to run all 7 cars. I was, after much frustration, able to get 6 cars connected.I could not get the last car to connect and gave up.

I tried programing the short address, used 18, and the lights did not work. I reset it to 003 and it worked fine. I connected the cab car and loco together and tried programing on the main.

Also, I wondered if there is a cv to increase the volume of the sounds. They are a bit soft. Especially the start up tune.

Eric

Hello Dutch_Master,

Hope your are doing well. I will try the tipping on the side and connecting this way. I just looked at a Zimo decoder manual wow lots of CVs and functions. It seems that CV266 has to do with the volume. I also see CV 580 has to do with thyristor sound volume (I think this is the tone that sounds on the Tarus). This is from pages 44 and 45 on the Zimo decoder manual.  I found it at:   http://www.zimo.at/web2010/documents/MX-KleineDecoder_E.pdf Maybe it is not a good idea to mess with these settings if they are preset. I am not sure I follow the instructions in the manual. It seems that the explanations are not very clear.

Best Wishes,

Eric

Archived